Cooperation and Conflict (CoCo) inaugurates a Best Review Prize of €1000, also sponsored by NISA, to be awarded annually for the best review of an article published in the previous year’s volume of the journal.
The editors evaluate each of the reviews of published articles in the previous year’s volume, and award the prize to the review that most convincingly and in an outstanding fashion satisfies the following criteria:
- Contributes with constructive comments that advance the original contribution to the field of the particular article.
- Suggests ways of improving on and conveying the theoretical innovativeness of the article.
- Provides comments that help the author(s) to clarify and ensure the methodological rigor of the article.
- Offers helpful comments that bring out the empirical richness of the article.
- Recommends alterations that enhances the prose and clarifies the structure and the argument of the article.
The winning review of the Best Review Prize will be published in full in Cooperation and Conflict (CoCo) along with the title of the article reviewed. CoCo adheres to a double blind peer review process, and the review will only be published subject to the permission of the named reviewer and the author(s) of the article reviewed. If permission is not granted, the journal will publish only the name of the winning reviewer.